Romans 16:26: But now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith—
The very bloodline of Christ had a number of Gentile women in it. However, it was a dim secret in Old Testament times. But verse 26 of our text emphasizes the opening of the mystery to the Gentiles, which is “now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him.” The Old Testament Scriptures now can clearly be seen to teach this truth, and the nations (the Gentiles) are learning the obedience of faith. This mystery is nothing less than a miracle. God’s salvation extends to all races, and those who receive it are “in” Christ and he is “in” them. Moreover, all Jewish and Gentile believers are brothers and sisters together. 1
- Read Jude 1:24-25.
- Who keeps you from stumbling on earth?
- Who presents you faultless in heaven?
- Who wants to give you all the wisdom you need to live rightly for God?
- Who should you love and obey without any hesitation?
- What new steps of obedience in faith will you take today?
Lord, thank you for giving us the Holy Scriptures in the book of Romans.
1. Hughes, R. K. (1991). Romans: righteousness from heaven. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books.