Romans 16:25: Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.
The principal thrust in verse 25 is on God establishing his people in salvation. Since our salvation is all of God, God can certainly make his people stand. Paul phrased it this way in Philippians 1:6: “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” There is no fear he cannot allay, no danger from which he cannot deliver, no anxiety he cannot quiet, no despair he cannot lift. This is good news! Because of the ineluctable logic of Romans, because everything is of God, we are established. And for this Paul offers doxology at the end of the book of Romans. Believe it! God is able to make us stand. Let us praise him for this now! 1
- Read Ephesians 3:14-21 to learn about how you can be established.
- Are you experiencing the strengthening in the “inner man?”
- Are you being rooted and grounded in love?
- Are you growing in your knowledge and love of God?
- Do you believe that God wants to do exceedingly abundant things in your life?
Lord, teach me to pray Ephesian 3:14-21 with faith and expectancy.
1. Hughes, R. K. (1991). Romans: righteousness from heaven. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books.